網路城邦
上一篇 回創作列表 下一篇   字體:
職場求生手冊 -《穿著Prada的惡魔》經典中英對白
2011/12/11 20:00:52瀏覽17715|回應0|推薦5

 A million girls would kill for this job.
有上百萬個女孩想搶這份工作

《上司毒舌篇》
Miranda Priestly: I don't understand why it's so difficult to confirm an appointment.
米蘭達:我不了解,確認預約有那麼困難嗎?

Emily: I know, I'm so sorry, Miranda. I actually did confirm...
愛蜜莉:我很抱歉,米蘭達。我昨晚有確認... 

Miranda Priestly: The details of your incompetence do not interest me.
米蘭達:妳無能的辦事內容我沒有興趣聽。

Tell Simone I'm not going to approve that girl that she sent me for the Brazilian layout.
告訴席夢,我不喜歡她在巴西版裡面用的女模 

 

I asked for clean, athletic, smiling; she sent me dirty, tired and paunchy.
我要求清爽又有運動風的,她卻給我骯髒又肥胖的。

Then call Natalie at Glorious Foods and tell her no, for the 40th time, no, I don't want dacquoise, I want tortes filled with warm rhubarb compote.
打給榮光外燴的娜塔莉,跟她說我不吃杏仁鬆餅,我要有加糖漬蜜餞的果仁蛋糕。 

Then call my ex-husband and remind him that the parent/teacher conference at Dalton tonight.
提醒我前夫今晚有家長座談會。

Then call my husband. Ask him to please meet me for dinner at that place I went to with Mossimo.
要我丈夫去我跟馬西莫去過的那間餐廳和我一起共進晚餐。 

Also, tell Richard I saw all the pictures that he sent for that feature on the female paratroopers and they're all so deeply unattractive.
告訴里查我看過那些女傘兵專題的照片,全都不能看。

 
Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender, female paratrooper?
找不到可愛又纖細的女傘兵嗎? 

Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really.
我這是強人所難嗎?不是吧?

 
Also I need to see all the things that Nigel has pulled for Gwyneth's second cover try. I wonder if she's lost any of that weight yet.
葛妮絲派特洛第二次拍的封面,我要看奈吉的成果,不知道她減重成功沒? 

Miranda Priestly: That's all.
米蘭達:就這樣了


Miranda Priestly: Bore someone else with your questions.
米蘭達:拿妳的問題去煩別人吧


Miranda Priestly: Is there some reason that my coffee isn't here? Has she died or something?
米蘭達:為什麼我的咖啡還沒有來?她死在路上了?


Miranda Priestly: Do you know why I hired you?
米蘭達:妳知道我為什麼錄用妳嗎?

 

I always hire the same girl... stylish, slender, of course... worships the magazine.
我一直都用同樣的女孩時髦、苗條,當然還很崇拜這本雜誌
 

But so often, they turn out to be... I don't know- disappointing and, um... stupid.
不過最後她們通常都我不知道,令人失望,也沒腦袋

So you, with that impressive rsum... and the big speech about your so-called work ethic
而妳,有那麼漂亮的履歷冠冕堂皇的說著什麼職業道德

 

I, um... I thought you would be different.
我以為妳會不一樣

I said to myself, go ahead. Take a chance. Hire the smart, fat girl.
我跟自己說"好吧,給她個機會冒個險,錄用這個聰明的胖女孩吧"

 

I had hope. My God. I live on it.
我曾有過希望. 老天,我還抱著希望呢

 

Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um... more than any of the other silly girls.
不過妳最後卻令我更失望,比其它的笨女生還糟
 

《金玉良言篇》

Andy Sachs: She hates me, Nigel.
小安:她恨我,奈吉

 

Nigel: And that's my problem because... Oh, wait. No, it's not my problem.
奈吉:那是我的問題,因為...等等,那不是我的問題

Andy Sachs: I don't know what else I can do because if I do something right, it's unacknowledged.
小安:我不知道我還能怎麼做,。就算我做對事,也沒人注意。
 

She doesn't even say thank you. But if I do something wrong, she is vicious.
她甚至不會說謝謝。要是我做錯事,她就尖酸刻薄。

Nigel: So quit.
奈吉:那就辭職

 

Andy Sachs: What?
小安:什麼?
 

Nigel: Quit.
奈吉:辭職

 

Andy Sachs: Quit?
小安:辭職?

Nigel: I can get another girl to take your job in five minutes... one who really wants it.
我可以在五分鐘內就能找到取代妳的人,一個積極的人

Andy Sachs: No, I don't want to quit. That's not fair.
小安:我不想辭職。

 

But, I, you know, I'm just saying that I would just like a little credit... for the fact that I'm killing myself trying.
我只是想說,我這麼努力嘗試,希望有人稱讚

Nigel: Andy, be serious. You are not trying. You are whining.
奈吉:小安,說真的,妳根本沒試,妳是在抱怨

What is it that you want me to say to you, huh?
妳要我說什麼?

Do you want me to say, "Poor you. Miranda's picking on you. Poor you. Poor Andy"?
妳要我說"米蘭達找妳麻煩,可憐的妳,可憐的小安?"

 

Hmm? Wake up, six. She's just doing her job.
醒醒吧!M號妹,她只是在做她的工作

Don't you know that you are working at the place that published some of the greatest artists of the century?
妳不知道妳工作的地方,報導許多當代最優秀的藝術家?

Halston, Lagerfeld, de la Renta. And what they did, what they created was greater than art because you live your life in it. Halston, Lagerfeld, de la Renta.還有他們的作品,他們的創造...比藝術還棒,因為妳生活在其中

Well, not you, obviously, but some people. You think this is just a magazine, hmm? This is not just a magazine.
很顯然,妳不算。不過某些人事。妳以為這只是一本雜誌?這不只是一本雜誌。

This is a shining beacon of hope for...
這是一座閃亮的希望燈塔...

oh, I don't know... let's say a young boy growing up in Rhode Island with six brothers pretending to go to soccer practice when he was really going to sewing class and reading Runway under the covers at night with a flashlight.
喔,我不知道,對於一個有六個兄弟,生長在羅德島的小男孩而言,當他上縫紉課時,假裝去踢足球,晚上躲起來用手電筒看"伸展台"

You have no idea how many legends have walked these halls.
妳不知道這裡孕育了什麼傳奇。

And what's worse, you don't care. Because this place, where so many people would die to work you only deign to work. .
更糟的是,妳不在乎,因為...這裡雖然有很多人擠破頭想進來,妳卻只是來討口飯吃。

And you want to know why she doesn't kiss you on the forehead and give you a gold star on your homework at the end of the day. Wake up, sweetheart.
而妳卻懷疑她為什麼不在妳做好一天的功課之後,親妳的額頭,再賞一顆金色星星。醒醒吧,小姐。

 

( 知識學習隨堂筆記 )
回應 推薦文章 列印 加入我的文摘
上一篇 回創作列表 下一篇

引用
引用網址:https://classic-blog.udn.com/article/trackback.jsp?uid=epaper099719&aid=5921014