網路城邦
上一篇 回創作列表 下一篇  字體:
ON FRIENDSHIP (論朋友 ) 紀伯侖 先知
2006/12/22 11:37:32瀏覽822|回應0|推薦8

論朋友 原著:紀伯侖 翻譯:宋碧雲
And a youth said, Speak to us of Friendship.
一位青年說,跟我們談談「友誼」吧。
And his answered saying:
他回答說:
Your friend is your need answered.
你的朋友是需求得到回應的結果。
He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving
他是你愛心播種、感恩收割的田地。
And he is your board and your fireside.
他是你的餐檯和爐邊。
For you come to him with your hunger, and you seek him for peace .
你懷著飢渴來到他身邊,你找他尋求平靜。
When your friend speaks his mind you fear not the “nay” in your own mind, nor do you withhold the “ay”.
當你朋友說出他的想法,你不怕自己心中的”否”,也不吝於說”是”。
And when he is silent your heart ceases not to listen to his heart.
他沉默時,你的心不停止聆聽他的心聲。
For without words, in friendship, all thoughts, all desires, all expectations are born and shared, with joy that is unclaimed
沒了言語,友誼中一切思想、一切願望、一切期盼都會帶著無言喜樂衍生,彼此分享。
When you part from your friend, you grieve not.
你與朋友分開,不會難過。
For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to climber is clearer from the plain.
他不在時,他身上最為你所愛的地方會更加清楚,就像高山在登山客眼中從平原看得更清楚。
And let there no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.
除了加深心靈深度外,友誼不該有別的目標。
For love that seeks aught but the disclosure of its own mystery is not love but a net cast forth: and only the unprofitable is caught.
只求展露愛情訣竅的愛不是愛,而是撒網; 只會捕到無益的東西。
And let your best be for your friend.
把你最好的展現給你的朋友。
If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also.
他若須知道你的低潮,也讓他知道你洪流滔滔的樣子。
For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill?
若你只為了打發時間而找他,你的朋友算什麼?
Seek him always with hours to live.
永遠用你活生生的時間去找他。
For it is his to fill your need, but not your emptiness.
他填補你的需求,不是你的空虛。
And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasure.
友誼的甜蜜中但願有朗笑和樂趣的分享。
For in the dew of little things the heart finds morning and is refreshed.
心靈從小事物的露水中發現了黎明,又煥然一新。
( 不分類不分類 )
回應 推薦文章 列印 加入我的文摘
上一篇 回創作列表 下一篇

引用
引用網址:https://classic-blog.udn.com/article/trackback.jsp?uid=fhshjoy&aid=609384