網路城邦
上一篇 回創作列表 下一篇   字體:
Al Pacino發人深省的演講
2010/06/18 00:40:30瀏覽1021|回應0|推薦43

 

 

Any Given Sunday - Gaining Inches Speech

by Al Pacino

 

I don't know what to say really.

我不曉得該說什麼

Three minutes

三分鐘

to the biggest battle of our professional lives

到我們職業生涯中最大的戰役

all comes down to today.

都在今天

 

and either

除非

we heal

我們團結 (因為劇情裡球隊有被弄得四分五裂, 所以用heal(治療)來當團結的字)

as a team

成一個團隊

or we are going to crumble.

不然我們將會被擊倒

Inch by inch

一吋又一吋

play by play

一次又一次

till we're finished.

直到我們完全失敗

We are in hell right now, gentlemen

我們現在在地獄裡, 紳士們

believe me

相信我

and

而且

we can stay here

我們可以留在這裡

get the shit kicked out of us

慘敗

or

或是

we can fight our way back

我們可以一路打回去

into the light.

回到光線裡

We can climb out of hell.

我們可以從地獄裡爬出來

One inch, at a time.

一次一寸的爬

 

Now, I can't do it for you.

聽這, 我沒辦法幫你爬.

I'm too old.

我太老了

I look around and I see these

我向四周看了一下, 我看到這些

young faces and I think

年輕的面孔, 我在想

I mean

我的意思是

I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.

一個中年人全部能做的錯誤的選擇我都選了

I uh....

...

I pissed away all my money

我把我的錢都浪費光了

believe it or not.

不管你信不信

I chased off anyone who has ever loved me.

我把所有曾經愛我的人都嚇走了

And lately,

然後最近,

I can't even stand the face I see, in the mirror.

我無法忍受我在鏡子裡看到的那張臉

 

You know when you get old in life things get taken from you.

你知道, 當你變老的時候, 你的東西會被一件一件的拿走

That's, that's part of life.

那是人生的必經過程

But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff.

可是, 你只有在失去東西以後才會領悟到

You find out that life is a game of inches.

人生是一個為英吋奮鬥的遊戲

So is football.

美式足球也是

Because in either game

因為在任何一個比賽

life or football

人生或是美式足球

the margin for error is so small.

對於犯錯的容忍度是小到

I mean

我的意思是

one half step too late or too early

半步太慢或太快

you don't quite make it.

你到達不了你的目標

One half second too slow or too fast

半秒太慢或太快

and you don't quite catch it.

你接不到球

The inches we need are everywhere around us.

我們所需要來贏的英吋在我們的周遭

They are in ever break of the game

它們在每一場比賽的關鍵時刻

every minute, every second.

在每一分, 每一秒

 

On this team, we fight for that inch

在這個團隊裡, 我們為那個英吋奮鬥

On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch.

在這個團隊裡, 我們為了那個英吋我們可以撕裂我們自己跟周遭的人

We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.

我們用我們的指甲抓那個英吋

 

Because we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the fucking difference

因為我們知道當我們把那些英吋加起來的時候, 那將會決定

between WINNING and LOSING

成功或失敗

between LIVING and DYING.

生存或死亡

 

I'll tell you this

我可以肯定的告訴你

in any fight

在任何戰鬥裡

it is the guy who is willing to die

永遠是那個願意戰到死的人

who is going to win that inch.

能爭取到那個英吋

And I know if I am going to have any life anymore it's because, I am still willing to fight, and

而且我知道, 假如我還活著是因為我還願意去奮鬥, 而且

die for that inch

願意為了贏到那個英吋而死

because that is what LIVING is.

因為人生就是戰鬥

The six inches in front of your face.

那個在你面前的 六英吋

 

Now I can't make you do it.

我不能強制你去戰鬥

You gotta look at the guy next to you.

你必須看這你旁邊的人

Look into his eyes.

看這他們的眼睛

Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.

我想你會看到一個願意跟你一起為那個英吋奮鬥的人

You are going to see a guy

你將會看到一個

who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it,

願意為他的團隊犧牲的人, 因為他知道當時後來臨時,

you are gonna do the same thing for him.

你也會為他犧牲

 

That's a team, gentlemen

那就是團隊, 紳士們

and either we heal now, as a team,

除非我們現在團結成一個團隊

or we will die as individuals.

我們將會一個個獨自的死去

That's football guys.

這就是美式足球

That's all it is.

就是這樣而已

Now, whattaya gonna do?

那現在, 你們要怎麼做?

 

 

 引自:http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/victor0820/article?mid=7020

( 心情隨筆心靈 )
回應 推薦文章 列印 加入我的文摘
上一篇 回創作列表 下一篇

引用
引用網址:https://classic-blog.udn.com/article/trackback.jsp?uid=victor0820&aid=4139480