網路城邦
上一篇 回創作列表 下一篇  字體:
豬的英文課
2010/06/19 21:24:15瀏覽412|回應0|推薦20

這是美國CBS 60 Minutes (六十分鐘 )主持人Andy Rooney40歲以上的女人的看法:

As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all.
隨著年齡增長我越來越珍惜40歲以上的女人  

Here are just a few reasons why:
為什麼呢? 

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask,
40歲以上的女人不會在半夜把你吵醒  然後問你  

What are you thinking?
你在想什麼? 

She doesnt care what you think.
她才不在乎你在想什麼  

If a woman over 40 doesnt want to watch the game,
40歲以上的女人如果不想看球賽 

she doesnt sit around whining about it.
她不會坐在你旁邊抱怨東抱怨西 

She does something she wants to do, and its usually more interesting.
她會去做她想做的 更有趣的事情 

Women over 40 are dignified.
40歲以上的女人穩重自持 

They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera
or in the middle of an expensive restaurant.

不會在歌劇院或高級餐廳裡 跟你大呼小叫

Of course, if you deserve it, they wont hesitate to shoot you
當然,如果你罪有應得,她們也可能神不知鬼不覺地

if they think they can get away with it.
一槍把你給斃了

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved.
熟女不吝於讚美不管是不是實至名歸

They know what its like to be unappreciated.
因為她們親身體驗過被忽略的滋味

Women get psychic as they age.
女人越老越通靈

You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.
你永遠不需要向40歲以上的女人懺悔

Once you get past a wrinkle or two,
只要能夠對皺紋視而不見

a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
40歲以上的女人遠比年輕美眉性感

Older women are forthright and honest.
熟女直接又誠實

Theyll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one.
如果你是蠢蛋 她們會馬上叫你滾蛋

You dont ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
你完全不需要傷腦筋揣摩她的心意

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons.
40歲以上的女人有很多優點

 

* * * * * * *

 

Unfortunately, its not reciprocal.
40歲以上的男人呢?

For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40,
相對於每一個性感、迷人的40歲以上的女人

there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants
就有一個禿頭凸肚的熟男

making a fool of himself with some 20-year old waitress.
厚臉皮地跟小他20歲的美眉調情

Ladies, I apologize.
女士們,請容許我在這兒

For all those men who say,
幫妳們說句公道話:

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?,
那些說只想喝免費的牛奶而不願買頭母牛回家的男人

heres an update for you.
實在是太搞不清楚狀況了

Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage.
今天有80%的女人寧願不結婚

Why?
為什麼呢?

Because women realize its not worth just to get a little sausage!
因為她們終於發現不需要為了一根香腸

buying an entire pig
買回整隻豬!     (網路文章)

 

.

( 心情隨筆心情日記 )
回應 列印 加入我的文摘
上一篇 回創作列表 下一篇

引用
引用網址:https://classic-blog.udn.com/article/trackback.jsp?uid=shengma&aid=4145146