網路城邦
上一篇 回創作列表 下一篇  字體:
可倚靠的肩膀
2007/10/22 11:34:50瀏覽533|回應0|推薦20

可倚靠的肩膀

從前我母親經常問我,

My mother used to question me as she always did 

身體最重要的部位是什麼。


Which part of your body is most important? 


許多年來,


For many years, 


我一直以為自己所想的是正確答案。


I always think what my thought is correct. 


當我很小的時候,


When I was in childhood 


我認為對人類而言,


I thought as long as for human being is concerned, 


聲音很重要,因此回答:「媽咪,是耳朵。」


Voices are real important, so replied: “Mummy, its ears” 


她說:「不對,有許多人是聾子耶。


She said: “Not quite correct, many are daft, 


但是你繼續想,不久我會再問你。」


so keep thinking, I shall ask you again soon.”


當她再度問我時,已經是好幾年後了。


It was many years later when she questioned me again. 


自從第一次回答之後,我就一直仔細的思考正確答案。


I was always trying to search for a correct
answer for myself ever since my first reply.


所以這次我對她說:


So I said to her this time 


「媽咪,視覺對每個人都很重要,

所以應該是我們的眼睛。」

“ Mummy, visual is important for everyone,
so I think it is our eyes” 


她看著我,對我說:
 


She looked at me, and said:


「你學的很快,但還是不對,因為有許多人是瞎子。」


“You are learning fast, but still not correct,
for many are blind” 


往後的年日裡她又問了我幾次,但她總是回答:
 


I was asked the same questions several times in
 the later years, and her replies
are always:

「不對,可是孩子啊,你每年都有進步喔。」
 


“Not quite correct yet, but you are progressing
each year, my child”


去年我祖父去世,每個人都很傷心,大家都哭了。


“My grandpa died last year. We all cried with
sorrow among all of us” 


輪到我們向爺爺做最後的告別時,

媽媽看著我,問我:

It was my turn to say my last goodbye to
grandpa, my mother looked at me and asked: 


「寶貝,你知道身體最重要的部位了嗎?」


“Do you realize which part of body is of most
important?  my dear”


她在這時候問我這個問題,令我嚇了一大跳。


I was surprised when she asked that question
at that very moment.


我一直以為這只是我和她之間的遊戲。
 


I always thought it was only the kind of game
between she and me.


她看我一臉迷惑的樣子,對我說:


She looked at my puzzled face and said to me: 


「這問題很重要,它是你真正在過生活的表示。」


“This is an important question. It means you are
really live on” 


我看她眼睛裡充盈著淚水,她說


I saw her full of tears in the her eyes. She said:


「寶貝,最重要的部位是你的肩膀。」


“The most important part is your shoulder. My dear” 


我問:「是因為它支撐你的頭嗎?」
 


I asked: “Is it because the head is being supported?”


她回答說:「不是,是因為可以讓我們的朋友,

或所愛的人哭泣時有所依靠。

“No, It is because it provides a dependable support
for our beloved and friends when they cry.” 


寶貝,每個人在一生中都會有需要一個

可以靠著哭泣的肩膀的時候。

My dear, there is a moment that a shoulder
shall be needed for crying in everyone’s life. 


我只是希望當你需要時,會有足夠的愛和朋友,


I Just hoped you will have adequate love and
friends when you need them. 


給你一個可倚靠哭泣的肩膀。」


A shoulder can be dependable for crying is
 there for you. 


從那時起,我知道身體最重要的部位不是利己而已,


Thereafter, I realized the most important part
of our body is not only good for ourselves, 


而是對別人的痛苦能感同身受。


but also to share the same for those who are in suffer.
 

This is an inspiring story shared by my venerable Master.

 

 

 

 

( 不分類不分類 )
回應 推薦文章 列印 加入我的文摘
上一篇 回創作列表 下一篇

引用
引用網址:https://classic-blog.udn.com/article/trackback.jsp?uid=Epath&aid=1316294