|Key to Exercise 28, The New Pali Course (Part I)|
|知識學習｜隨堂筆記 2020/11/18 01:54:01|
Key to Exercise 28, The New Pali Course (Part I)
Translate into English
1. Seṭṭhī vaḍḍhakiṃ gehaṃ kārāpeti.
The millionaire has the carpenter build the house.
2. Mātā dārakaṃ pokkharaṇiyaṃ nahāpessati.
The mother will get the boy to bathe in the pond.
3. Amhākaṃ pitaro bhikkhū bhojāpesuṃ.
Our fathers treated the monks.
bhojeti: to cause to eat, to feed, entertain, treat, regale
4. Vanitāyo dāsiṃ bhattaṃ pācāpesuṃ.
The women had the slave woman cook rice.
5. Pāpakārino dāsehi bahū mige mārāpenti.
The evil-doers cause many deer to be killed by the slaves.
mārāpeti: to cause to be killed
6. Gahapatayo purisehi dārūni gaṇhāpenti.
The householders have the firewood taken by the men.
(The householders have the men take the firewood.)
7. Garu sisse dhammaṃ uggaṇhāpesi.
The teacher made the students learn the doctrine.
8. Adhipati purisehi rukkhe chindāpessati.
The leader will have the trees cut down by the men.
(The leader will have the men cut down the trees.)
9. Ahaṃ kaññāhi bhaṇḍāni āharāpessāmi.
I will have the goods brought by the girls.
(I will have the girls bring the goods.)
10. Tumhe bhātarehi kapayo gāmaṃ harāpetha.
You get the monkeys carried to the village by the brothers.
(You get the brothers to carry the monkeys to the village.)
11. Mayaṃ dasahi goṇehi khettaṃ kasāpessāma.
We will have the field ploughed by ten oxen.
12. Mātā puttaṃ pīṭhe nisīdāpetvā bhattaṃ pacituṃ taṇḍule āharāpesi.
Having made the son sit on the chair, the mother had rice-grain brought to cook rice.
taṇḍula: (m/n) (uncooked) rice, rice-grain, rice husked and ready for boiling
Translate into Pali
1. The sinner causes his brothers to kill birds.
Pāpakārī tassa bhātarehi /bhātare sakuṇe mārāpeti.
2. The rich men make their sons give alms.
Dhanavantā tesaṃ putte dānāni dāpenti.
3. The king makes the carpenters build five houses.
Bhūpālo vaḍḍhakayo /vaḍḍhakino pañca gehāni kārāpeti.
4. The charioteer makes the slave bring two horses near the chariot.
Sārathī dāsaṃ dve asse rathassa santikaṃ āharāpeti.
5. The women get their daughters to cook rice for the guests.
Vanitāyo atithīnaṃ tāsaṃ dhītaro bhattaṃ pācāpenti.
6. The carpenter gets the work done by the servants.
Vaḍḍhakī dāsehi kammaṃ kārāpeti.
7. The leader gets his men to cut many trees in his garden.
Adhipati tassa purise /purisehi tassa ārāme bahū rukkhe chindāpeti.
8. They will get the field ploughed by 20 oxen.
Te vīsatiyā goṇehi khettaṃ kasāpessanti.
9. I will make my son eat some food.
Ahaṃ mama puttaṃ bhojanaṃ bhojāpessāmi.
10. We will cause our slaves to go to the town.
Mayaṃ amhākaṃ dāse nagaraṃ gacchāpessāma.
11. They make the cows eat grass.
Te gāviyo tiṇaṃ khādāpenti.
12. Do not allow him to do that work.
Tvaṃ tena taṃ kammaṃ mā kārāpehi.
|最新影像||3 本 31 張|