|Key to Exercise 17, The New Pali Course (Part I)|
|知識學習｜隨堂筆記 2020/07/21 03:18:43|
Key to Exercise 17, The New Pali Course (Part I)
Translate into English
1. Ayaṃ sīho tamhā vanamhā nikkhamma imasmiṃ magge ṭhatvā ekaṃ itthiṃ māresi.
This lion, having come out from that forest, stood on this path and killed a woman.
2. So tāsaṃ yuvatīnaṃ tāni vatthāni vikkiṇitvā tāsaṃ santikā mūlaṃ labhissati.
Having sold those clothes to those women, he will get money from them.
santika: (n) vicinity, presence [abl.] santikā: from the presence of, from [loc.] santike: in the presence of, before, near
tāsaṃ santikā = from them (Literally, from the presence of them)
3. Imissā dhītaro tamhā vanamhā imāni phalāni āhariṃsu, aññā nāriyo tāni khādituṃ gaṇhiṃsu.
The daughters of this woman brought these fruits from that forest; the other women took them to eat.
4. Imā sabbā yuvatiyo taṃ ārāmaṃ gantvā dhammaṃ sutvā Buddhaṃ padumehi pūjessanti.
All these maidens will go to that garden/monastery, hear the doctrine and honor the Buddha with lotuses.
5. Ime manussā yāni puññani vā pāpāni vā karonti tāni te anugacchanti.
Whatever good or evil deeds these people do, they (those deeds) follow them.
anugacchati: to go after, follow, go or fall into [+ acc.]
6. Tassā kaññāya mātā dakkhiṇāya disāya imaṃ gāmaṃ āgantvā idha ciraṃ vasissati.
Having come to this village in the southern direction, the mother of that girl will live here for a long time.
cira: (adj) long (of time), usually in compounds & as adv. ciraṃ: [acc. as adv.] for a long time
7. Tassa nattā imassa bhātarā saddhiṃ Koḷambanagaraṃ gantvā tāni bhaṇḍāni vikkiṇissati.
His grandson will go to Colombo with the brother of this man and sell those goods.
8. Tā nāriyo etāsaṃ sabbāsaṃ kumārīnaṃ hatthesu padumāni ṭhapesuṃ, tā tāni haritvā cetiyaṃ pūjesuṃ.
Those women put the lotuses in the hands of all those girls; they carried them and offered (them) to the shrine.
9. Tassā rājiniyā etā dāsiyo imehi rukkhehi pupphāni ocinitvā imā mālāyo kariṃsu.
Those female slaves of that queen gathered flowers from these trees and made these garlands.
10. Kesaṃ so imaṃ dhanaṃ datvā sukhaṃ labhissati?
To whom will he give this wealth and get happiness?
11. Yo magge gacchati, tassa putto suraṃ pivitvā ettha sayati.
Having drunk wine, the son of the man who walks on the path sleeps here.
12. Ke taṃ khettaṃ gantvā tiṇaṃ āharitvā imāsaṃ gāvīnaṃ datvā khīraṃ labhituṃ icchanti?
Who would like to go to that field, bring grass and give (it) to these cows, and get milk?
khetta: (n) a field, a plot of land, arable land, a site
Translate into Pali
1. A certain man, having gone to that cemetery, gathered those flowers and brought them here.
Aññataro puriso taṃ susānaṃ gantvā etāni pupphāni ocinitvā idha tāni āhari.
2. This lioness having come out from that forest killed a cow in this place.
Ayaṃ sīhī tamhā vanamhā nikkhamma imasmiṃ ṭhāne ekaṃ dhenuṃ māresi.
ṭhāna: (n) place
3. The husband of that woman bought these clothes from that market and gave them to his grandsons.
Tassā itthiyā pati tamhā āpaṇamhā imāni vatthāni kiṇitvā tassa nattānaṃ tāni dadi.
āpaṇa: (m) a bazaar or market, shop
4. Whose servants will go to Colombo to buy goods for you and me?
Kassa /Kesaṃ dāsā tuyhaṃ mamaṃ ca bhaṇḍāni kiṇituṃ Koḷambanagaraṃ gamissanti?
5. Tomorrow his brothers will go to that forest and collect honey and fruits.
Suve tassa bhātaro taṃ vanaṃ gantvā madhuṃ ca phalāni ca ocinissanti.
6. Her sisters went to that field (in order) to bring grass for these cows.
Tassā bhaginiyo imāsaṃ gāvīnaṃ tiṇaṃ āharituṃ taṃ khettaṃ gacchiṃsu.
7. I got these lotuses and flowers from a certain woman of that village.
Ahaṃ tassa gāmassa aññatarāya nāriyā imāni padumāni ca pupphāni ca labhiṃ.
8. Today all maidens of this city will go to that river and will bathe in it.
Ajja imassa nagarassa sabbā yuvatiyo taṃ nadiṃ gantvā tāyaṃ nahāyissanti.
9. They brought those goods to a merchant in that market.
Te tamhi āpaṇamhi vāṇijāya tāni bhaṇḍāni āhariṃsu.
10. Having sold those cows to the merchants, they bought clothes, garlands and umbrellas with that money.
Te vāṇijānaṃ tāyo dhenuyo vikkiṇitvā vatthāni ca mālāyo ca chattāni ca tena mūlena kiṇiṃsu.
11. Who are those men that killed a lion yesterday in this forest?
Ye hīyo imamhi vanamhi sīhaṃ māresuṃ ke te purisā santi?
12. Which woman stole her garland and ran through this street?
Katamā vanitā tassā mālaṃ coretvā imāya visikhāya dhāvi?
|最新影像||3 本 31 張|